Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Scrappy Friends Challenges

I love scrapbooking with my friends......I mean it's really fun to scrapbook whenever I can, but it's especially fun to get together with friends  compare layouts, ask for advice, and learn new techniques.  Or maybe it's just being encouraged to try something outside of your comfort zone.  My scrapbooker friend, Kayla, is always participating in layout challenges for blogs she follows.  I think it's great because it gives you inspiration to try to get something accomplished and I've always wanted to try it!  I read the blogs every month and think "this will be the month" and the month comes and goes and no go.  So this month is the month.  I participated in three of the four challenges and accomplished two layouts.  I really enjoyed participating and I did move a little out of my comfort zone to get the desired results.  Here they are:

 
This layout  attempts to satisfy both the sketch challenge from Scrappin' Happy and the color combo challenge (blues, greens and  yellows) from Rochelle Spears.

 
This layout was really fun!  The challenge was to use the theme "Keep Calm and ......"  The challenge can be found here.
 
A big Thank You to the ladies for hosting the challenges and I can't wait to participate again!!!!



5 comments:

  1. Wonderful layouts! So glad you decided to participate in the scrappy friends challenges! Your Baby Love layout is so soft and sweet and I love the title and patterned paper you used on the Superhero layout! Thanks for playing along at Granddiva's Creative Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them both! Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pastel colours on your baby page. And neat Super Hero page too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice job! Thanks for playing along with my challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cute layouts! I love your interpretation of the sketch - with that color combo - just gorgeous! Thanks for joining in with the scrappy friends challenges this month :-)

    ReplyDelete