Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

freezer jam deliciousness.......

This week were preparing for my dad and step-mom to visit on the weekend, and since it's Papa's birthday this week, probably lots of baking going on.  Today I decided to make some freezer jam because a.) we love it....there's nothing better than what tastes like fresh strawberries in the middle of winter b.) it reminds me of my grandmother who always makes it but only my brother gets it (because he's the favorite ;) ) c.) all the supplies for making it were on sale at the grocer!

The recipe I used is on the Sure-Jel box....yes, it calls for what seems like a lot of sugar, but I checked and this is in fact accurate (must be why it tastes soooooooo good!).

My boiled and ready jars:


Mashed Strawberries:

Finishing Up:




Mmmmmm, can't wait until tomorrow when we can have a thick slice of buttered bread and some jam!! The rest will go to my freezer....I may even be nice enough to give a jar to my brother.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment