Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

if I have to...........

So, the in-laws have been away for the past month and we've been taking care of the homestead while they're away.  Mostly that means a.) just making sure everything is still there b.) feeding the farm cats c.)watering flowers (although our attempts at keeping them alive are not being helped by the heat) and d.) picking their blackberries.  I know, its tough....especially the last one.  So after picking blackberries and eating a few, I felt the urge for some blackberry cobbler goodness (it was!).  I also felt bad that they would not get to enjoy much of the fresh fruit as the heat is affecting the berries (and it's almost the end of the producing season anyway), so I did make some blackberry freezer jam for them (oh boy, is it ever good!).  Aren't I the best daughter-in-law ever?


(sorry, they're not the best pics since they were taken by my phone, but I'm sure you get the idea....oh, and yes i did take a bite of the cobbler before I took a picture of it......wanted to get it while it was warm)





1 comment:

  1. I think the freezer jam looks awesome...but my dear, where is the recipe??????

    ReplyDelete